In the digital age in which we live today, the effectiveness of your website in attracting potential new customers is more important than ever. An increasing number of customers use your website as the first point of contact for their company. Therefore, it is important to optimize the site not only to secure sales, but also to achieve a high conversion rate and to secure the loyalty of your customers.
First and foremost, having a multilingual website will help you expand your reach and connect with a much wider audience. For example, with only 25% of internet users speaking English as their first language, it is high time to take care of the other 75% and address their needs.
By providing multiple language options, you open up your online offering to new customer segments who were previously unavailable. This in turn helps you increase sales and profits.
While the opportunities to reach customers in other countries are very attractive, it is important to remember that many other languages are widely spoken in your own country as well. For example, Spanish is the second most widely spoken language in the United States. Therefore, the multilingualism of a website is a clear competitive advantage both at national and international level.
According to a study, 72.1% of consumers spend most or all of their time on websites in their own language. A multilingual website means that overseas consumers who visit your website are less likely to leave the site if they find it available in their native language.
The reduction in the bounce rate that you generate through multilingualism also has a positive effect on your conversion rate. This will improve, which in turn has a positive effect on your ranking on Google.
In economically difficult times, companies have to differentiate themselves more than ever in order to gain an advantage over their competitors.
Given the impact of the current pandemic, which is very likely to lead to a global recession and widespread spending cuts, companies need to get creative to adequately address this uncertain period.
A multilingual website will do just that and help you increase cross-border e-commerce sales. This could prove to be key as we move into an increasingly e-commerce-centric retail business.
For those who may not be very knowledgeable about SEO, it should be said that a company's online success depends heavily on ranking high on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). The higher your page ranks on search engine pages, the more likely it is that consumers will visit it.
The key is not only to translate the content of your website but also to index it on SERP which means you should optimize everything for international SEO. This includes that 100% of your website is translated - including metadata. There must also be unique URLs with language-specific sub-domains or sub-directories. Once this is ensured, your website is structured in such a way that it can be easily crawled by search engine bots, which will bring you a higher ranking.
As the level of personalization a company can offer becomes an increasingly important factor in securing customers and sales, a multilingual website is at the heart of this customer-centric approach.
If you can provide high-quality content in the respective language of your website visitors, they will feel more confident in the shopping experience than if they have to translate the content themselves.
In today's digital age, a company's website is more than ever at the center of its marketing strategy. More importantly, your website is actually a really efficient way to market your offering, both in terms of cost and reach.
According to a marketing study, content marketing on your website costs around 62% less than other traditional types of marketing and generates around three times as many leads!
For this reason, a multilingual website also makes more than sense when considering your international marketing strategy.
Nowadays companies have to be flexible in every possible way in order to attract customers and if we are honest, a multilingual website is now "state of the art"!
A website that is available in multiple languages is a sign that you are running a global business, which implies a certain level of complexity, sophistication and competence.
How can I make my website multilingual?
Of course, the perceived complexity and difficulty of such a project is one of the biggest reservations companies have when it comes to creating a multilingual website. In the meantime, however, there are numerous software solutions that simplify the localization of the website. For example, the content management system TYPO3 can greatly simplify the administration of a multilingual website. TYPO3 is able to provide multilingual layouts that manage content across languages so that only the respective content texts have to be translated.